The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for the physical verification of inbound shipments and related data entry for receiving. Track inventory, maintain accurate records, package and weigh items, inspect goods received for damage and distribute products to other departments.
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm (possibly till 5:00 pm, when necessary)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet and direct truck drivers to the dock location for both inbound and outbound shipments
- Receive, verify, inspect and process incoming shipments
- Data entry for receiving
- Participate in the physical verification of inventory when discrepancies are present
- Complete inbound and outbound paperwork with truck drivers, such as BOL’s and scanning documents into the system
- Perform all duties from a foundation of trust and the highest ethical conduct, follow established safety rules, company policies and procedures
- Full-time role in both an office/manufacturing plant setting
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Prior shipping/receiving/inventory experience (preferred)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well independently and with others at all levels of the organization
- Detail-oriented and takes pride in the accuracy of work product
Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee-owned company with ten corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in eight Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions.
BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays.