Responsible for generating new business and meeting sales goals to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration for BCI within assigned sales territory. A successful Account Executive will target packaging solutions for new and existing accounts by learning, deeply understanding and utilizing the full force of BCI enterprise resources throughout the sales process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tasks related to this position may vary and are not limited to those listed below:
- Performing all duties from a foundation of trust and the highest ethical conduct, following established safety rules, company policies, and procedures.
- Generating new business.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Helping determine product specifications, quotes, and pricing.
- Preparing weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Compiling and analyzing prospective customer information within sales territory to develop prospect list.
- Utilizing company project management & customer engagement software (PORT, ZOHO).
- Making sales calls and giving sales presentations to a range of prospective customers.
- Preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders.
- Visiting customers and potential customers to evaluate needs while promoting additional products and services.
- Maintaining customer records and relationships with key customer contacts.
- Answering customer questions about credit terms, products, prices, and availability.
- Performing packaging audits and working closely with the BCI Design Team to create value added solutions in a timely manner.
- Full-time role involving regular travel to BCI plants, customers’ facilities and trade shows.
Desired Skills and Behavioral Strengths:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong communication, interpersonal, listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers and suppliers.
- Highly motivated and results-orientated individual who can work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers with a consultative and personalized sales approach.
- Commitment to excellent customer service and knowledgeable of industry standards.
- Effectively manages time working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in sales/marketing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience (corrugated packaging/manufacturing industry preferred)
- Must live in, or within a reasonable distance of, the geographical sales territory assigned, as determined by BCI.
Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee-owned company with eleven (11) corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in nine Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions.
BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays.