Responsible for the continuing development and growth of BCI through innovation, design initiatives, and sales support
The following duties are normal for this position. The incumbent may perform some or all of these duties, however, it is neither an exclusive nor all-inclusive list.
- Development of product packaging and display concepts, including collaboration with management, production, designers, and sales representatives to ensure the integrity of concepts.
- Increases the awareness and recognition of structural design capabilities through award competition.
- Manages ArtiosCAD installation and maintenance, including building templates, managing database information and performing additional system admin duties.
- Assists in the growth of business through both new and existing accounts. Includes making joint calls with/without sales personnel, developing relationships with accounts and working with Sales to effectively use design/graphics as a sales tool.
- Understands and assists with Sales and Marketing plans/growth opportunities.
- Understands the customer’s products and the challenges in the marketplace, and utilizes data to drive the creative process.
- Works with Sales to market design products and their capabilities.
- Supports Sales by participating in sales meetings, trade shows, and sales and marketing related “special” events.
- Works with Sales in developing graphic/design sales marketing strategies.
Research & Development
- Coordinates regional/national research relating to technology, techniques, innovations, new products, materials and equipment that are applicable to the Company’s and its customers processes, and which enhance its graphic/design programs.
- Champions redesigns to foster environmental sustainability, cost savings initiatives and retail sales velocity.
- Works directly with other plant locations as the liaison to share and promote design innovation.
- Engages in innovative partnerships with the Company’s customers and vendors.
- Works directly with Sales Support department heads to drive continuous process improvement, and participates in the development of standards, policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, forms, etc. in support of continuous improvement.
- Promotes the Regional/National design capabilities as a competitive advantage and works with Sales to effectively use artwork as a sales tool.
- Develops, implements and supports plan to increase the growth of specialty packaging in new and existing accounts.
- Increases awareness and recognition of the Regional/National graphic design capabilities through award competition.