The Staff Accountant is a supporting role that will be heavily involved in our day‐to‐day accounting, human resources, production, and customer service activities within the plant. You will report directly to the Division Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks related to this position may vary and are not limited to those listed below:
- Perform all duties from a foundation of trust and the highest ethical conduct, following established safety rules, company policies, and procedures.
- Invoice daily the delivery of shipments. Share in responsibility to enter invoices into customer portals.
- Prepare journal entries as assigned by Controller.
- Assist in processing of incoming accounts payable invoices into ERP system.
- Process New Customer Credit packets, gathering all pertinent information.
- Process weekly accounts payable check runs.
- Process hourly payroll utilizing time and attendance modules and maintain associate data in the HRIS (UKG).
- Assist all departments in onboarding of new hires.
- Interact with associates during enrollment of company benefits, updating benefit elections, and submitting add/changes/deletes to benefit providers.
- Assist with month-end close process.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports organizing data for analysis.
- Compile inventory information for weekly and monthly reporting.
Desired Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred.
- 1‐3 years of relevant experience in full‐time accounting/administration position preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well independently and with others at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and business applications.
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential.
- Great attention to detail and takes pride in the accuracy of work product.
- Discretion and trustworthiness to regularly handle sensitive or confidential information.
Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee-owned company with ten corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in eight Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions.
BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays.