Responsible for the day-to-day management of the production floor though supervision, development, and training of the production team. Also responsible for the efficient movement of product through the plant with a focus on quality and timeliness.
· 3rd shift: 8:30pm - 7:00am, 4 days/week (Monday-Thursday, some Fridays)
- Reports to the Plant Manager
- Follows and enforces established safety rules, ISO standards, policies, and procedures at all times
- Uses a Customer Driven approach to achieve KPI targets and engage associates in the improvement process (i.e., production quality, output, processes, and efficiencies)
- Leads work teams focused on continuous improvement in safety, productivity, waste and quality improvement
- Maintains timekeeping and personnel records for all direct reports
- Solves daily manufacturing problems that arise
- Full-time role in a manufacturing plant/warehouse setting
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma / GED
- Experience in the corrugated packaging industry highly preferred
- Certified forklift operator
- Working knowledge of all production machines, plant equipment and operations
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrates aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Drives results through others
- Assertive leader who holds self and others accountable
Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee-owned company with ten corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in eight Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions.
BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays.