Summary: BCI Houston is looking for a full-time associate to join our organization as a Manufacturing Trainee. The ideal candidate would possess a strong desire in learning all aspects of the corrugated packaging industry and becoming a major contributor to our manufacturing team.
Description: The Manufacturing Trainee position will be a cross-functional training position learning multiple facets of the manufacturing process over an 18-month training program.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Gain knowledge of the production processes of flexographic printing and die cutting,
- as well as capabilities and limitations of various pieces of equipment
- Learn the innerworkings of shipping and receiving, plant scheduling, machine maintenance and fulfillment work while being a part of an engaged and driven production team
- Follow established safety rules, policies and procedures at all times
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Full-time role in a manufacturing plant/warehouse setting
- Recent college graduate preferred
- Interest in learning all aspects of the corrugated packaging industry
- Ability to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Works well with others in a team setting
- Shows dependability on the job
- Quality and results oriented
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and even-tempered response through interactions with others
Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee-owned company with ten corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in eight Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions.
BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays.