The Maintenance Technician position will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all machinery utilized to support the operations as well as maintenance of the physical plant facility.
- Perform necessary work for installation or relocation of new machinery, existing machinery, or other equipment.
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance of equipment, including inspecting, calibrating, safety checks, repairing/replacing broken or warn components.
- Follow all safety rules, including lockout/tagout, regulations, machine guidelines and guarding while starting, working on preventative maintenance and cleaning machines.
- Proactively assess all machines to ensure appropriate guarding and safeguards exist.
- Perform maintenance on the facility, including plumbing, electrical and structural repairs/modification.
- Ensure all maintenance needs are completed on a timely basis.
- Purchase parts and components, within designated spending authority, ensuring quality and cost savings.
- Design, fabricate, and construct devices and fixtures.
- Remain current in all areas of training.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Monitor all job functions to match safety policies.
- Full-time role in a manufacturing plant/warehouse setting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant industry experience a plus.
- Ability to dismantle and reassemble machinery such as motors, conveyer lines, flexo folder gluers, presses, banders, bundlers and printing machinery.
- Ability to work independently when necessary.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine causes of operating errors by analyzing information and evaluating results to select the best solution and solve problems.
- Knowledge of motors, hydraulics, vacuum systems, electrical systems and plumbing.
- Welding experience.
- Ability to interpret complicated drawings.
- Ability to read/interpret instructions, specs, reports and manuals.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical Journeyman or Technical/Vocation Certificate preferred.
- Welding certifications a plus.
Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee-owned company with ten corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in eight Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions.
BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays.