The Maintenance Technician position will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all machinery utilized to support the operations as well as maintenance of the physical plant facility.
2nd Shift: 3:30pm - 2:00am; Monday - Thursday
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow established safety rules, policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform necessary work for installation or relocation of new machinery, existing machinery, or other equipment.
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance of equipment, including inspecting, calibrating, safety checks, repairing/replacing broken or warn components.
- Follow all safety rules, including lockout/tagout, regulations, machine guidelines and guarding while starting, working on preventative maintenance and cleaning machines.
- Proactively assess all machines to ensure appropriate guarding and safeguards exist.
- Perform maintenance on the facility, including plumbing, electrical and structural repairs/modification.
- Ensure all maintenance needs are completed on a timely basis.
- Purchase parts and components, within designated spending authority, ensuring quality and cost savings.
- Design, fabricate and construct devices and fixtures.
- Remain current in all areas of training.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Monitor all job functions to match safety policies.
- Full-time role in a manufacturing plant/warehouse setting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant industry experience a plus.
- Ability to dismantle and reassemble machinery such as motors, conveyer lines, flexo folder gluers, presses, banders, bundlers and printing machinery.
- Ability to work independently when necessary.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine causes of operating errors by analyzing information and evaluating results to select the best solution and solve problems.
- Knowledge of motors, hydraulics, vacuum systems, electrical systems and plumbing.
- Welding experience.
- Ability to interpret complicated drawings.
- Ability to read/interpret instructions, specs, reports and manuals.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical Journeyman or Technical/Vocation Certificate preferred.
- Welding certifications a plus.
Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee-owned company with ten corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in eight Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions.
BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays.