Support development and growth through innovation, efficiency and creative packaging design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Tasks related to this position may vary and are not limited to those listed below:
- Develop and design structural solutions for corrugated packaging and displays.
- Work with customer service and production team to create and maintain schematics vital to the workflow ofmanufacturing.
- Design manufacturing and ship corrugated samples for the sales team and customers.
- Create, adjust and prepare art files for a wide array of printing methods.
- Create, adjust and maintain design and production forms.
- Work with other departments to create innovative graphics solutions.
Sales and Marketing:
- Assist in the growth of the business by developing relationships with customers and working with sales to effectively use design graphics as a sales tool.
- Understand marketing plans and assist sales with growth opportunities.
- Work with vendors on tooling, ink and various design/production supplies.
- Check in and service tooling such as cutting dies and printing plates.
- Problem-solve with all departments to support efficient and safe manufacturing processes.
- Perform all duties from a foundation of trust and the highest ethical conduct, following established safety rules, company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full-time role in an office setting.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud primarily Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.
- Basic knowledge of CAD software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry is a plus.
- CAD table experience.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with an emphasis in graphic design and/or structural/packaging design.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge and grasp on graphic design concepts.
- Aptitude for 3D visualization and design.
- Attention to detail with ability to rapidly change focus between tasks and projects.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Mathematically inclined.
Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee-owned company with ten corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in eight Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions.
BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays.