Business Trainee – Knoxville, TN Division
We are currently hiring Business Trainees for our Knoxville Division that will spend one year learning all aspects of the business. Then have the opportunity to choose where they want to build their career. In addition to Knoxville, BCI has 8 more facilities throughout the country so you may be able to relocate if desired.
Purpose Of The Job
Learn to “Think Like a Customer and Act Like an Owner” with an entry level position at BCI, an Employee Owned Company. Our Mission is to understand our customer’s needs, identify the appropriate solution(s) and exceed their expectations in terms of packaging products, services, quality, and timeliness. BCI is a company of extraordinary people who make astonishing things happen every day. Your start can begin at BCI Knoxville Division, but the opportunities are limitless. We’re seeking the future leaders of our Corporation – are you up for the challenge?
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations while maintaining a neat and orderly work area. Safety is always first at BCI.
- Develop a full understanding of the corrugated industry which includes, but not limited to: design, sales, customer service, and production.
- Work independently as well as with other team members to collaborate on Lean initiatives throughout the company.
- Become a problem solver.
- Exercise proper care to ensure accuracy of all job functions, every detail matters.
- Learn and grow our culture of ecological stewardship in the market.
- Learn box styles and design techniques for creating value to our customers. When they win in the marketplace, we win right alongside of them.
- Develop a working knowledge of various printing methods using water-based inks on various corrugated substrates, including flexographic direct print, litho lamination, litho label, and digital.
- Have direct interaction with external customers/prospects and sales representatives.
- Work in a production environment with the direction of Supervisors and Operators to see how the product is made while learning our capabilities. Nothing compares to hands on learning.
- Gain a complete understanding of our state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and how it can help our customers grow their brand.
- Learn about our raw materials and how we are part of the recycling process to improve the environment. Corrugated products are 100% recyclable.
- Collaborate on ways to increase revenues and decrease costs for the benefit of BCI stakeholders because you can become one!
The ideal candidate would have an Associate degree or nearing completion of a bachelor’s degree. No Experience is required, Business Trainee positions are in place to provide you the training required for you to succeed in your desired position.
About BCI: Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee owned company with nine corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in eight Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions. BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), quarterly bonus program, paid time off and holidays.