Responsible for generating new business and meeting sales goals to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration for BCI within assigned sales territory. A successful Account Executive will target packaging solutions for new and existing accounts by learning, deeply understanding and utilizing the full force of BCI enterprise resources throughout the sales process. Reports to the Field Sales Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tasks related to this position may vary and are not limited to those listed below:
- Performing all duties from a foundation of trust and the highest ethical conduct, following established safety rules, company policies, and procedures.
- Generating new business.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Helping determine product specifications, quotes, and pricing.
- Preparing weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Compiling and analyzing prospective customer information within sales territory to develop prospect list.
- Utilizing company project management & customer engagement software (PORT, ZOHO).
- Making sales calls and giving sales presentations to a range of prospective customers.
- Preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders.
- Visiting customers and potential customers to evaluate needs while promoting additional products and services.
- Maintaining customer records and relationships with key customer contacts.
- Answering customer questions about credit terms, products, prices, and availability.
- Performing packaging audits and working closely with the BCI Design Team to create value added solutions in a timely manner.
- Full-time role involving regular travel to BCI plants, customers’ facilities and trade shows.
Desired Skills and Behavioral Strengths:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong communication, interpersonal, listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers and suppliers.
- Highly motivated and results-orientated individual who can work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers with a consultative and personalized sales approach.
- Commitment to excellent customer service and knowledgeable of industry standards.
- Effectively manages time working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in sales/marketing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience (corrugated packaging/manufacturing industry preferred)
- Must live in, or within a reasonable distance of, the geographical sales territory assigned, as determined by BCI.
Buckeye Corrugated, Inc. (BCI) is a privately held, employee-owned company with ten (10) corrugated manufacturing facilities, providing an extensive range of corrugated packaging products. Located in eight Southern and Midwestern states, our services and capabilities include custom-designed corrugated packaging, point-of-purchase displays, point-of-sale packaging along with fulfillment and logistics. Simply stated, we do not just make boxes. We build the means to shape impressions and influence perceptions.
BCI provides competitive pay and a robust benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision and life insurance, disability benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays, as well as a bonus plan and opportunity for employee stock ownership.